Just Betty

When I am happy with what I am eating, my tail(bone) wiggles!
I am not a food critique, I believe that taste in food is highly subjective, and I just want to share mine. Ü

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Brenda's French Soul Food - Polk St., San Francisco, CA (USA)


A lot of my friends here in SF said that I should visit Brenda.

So I did. On February 21, 2014.

Name sounds appetizing. "French SOUL food" 

Presentation.. Not so much.
Red beans & Rice - Oh So Nice! $11.00
Smoky, spicy stewed kidney beans with steamed white rice
& andouille sausage.

It wasn't "oh so nice"


Bowl Gumbo $7.50 


 We also had sides of this because they said it was a must.
 Thigh BFC $3.00 each


 Drumstick BFC $2.75

Oh so dry and bland.

And another side of this.
Cheddar grits $3.25
Now at least this one looked appetizing.. 

But I still didn't like it.
This was when I decided I don't like grits at all.

The reviews on this place was really good,
Roms and Pierre was actually surprised that our experience that day
wasn't as good as they hoped.

Brenda's French Soul Food
652 Polk St, San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 345-8100
Business Hours:
Monday - Tuesday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Wednesday - Sunday: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm


Note: All photos in this post were taken without the intent of sharing them to the public.
Kindly excuse the shortcomings this post may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment