Just Betty

When I am happy with what I am eating, my tail(bone) wiggles!
I am not a food critique, I believe that taste in food is highly subjective, and I just want to share mine. Ü

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

RUB Ribs & Bbq, Tomas Morato

Above photo taken from Rub's Facebook page


Ahya, mama and I first tried Rub in 2011,
it was like a hole-in-the-wall type of place when we drove by it.
I like it when that happens.Ü


It's this small joint along Scout Rallos














5 tables of four and 2 tables of two.


I enjoyed my first visit so much, I brought my friends here weeks after.
Those weeks happened to cross years, January 29, 2012.



I also like that this place has a lot of these on their walls..





-John Lennon



Ok, I actually went back here for this.
Hawaiian Punch P60

I know you can purchase this in supermarkets
but it seems to taste better when it's served in restaurants.Ü


I had this.
Singles P205
Ribs, rice + 1 side (bacon and potato salad)


And an extra order of this.

 ღ **Potato Fries P65
It was like Shakey's mojos in fries form.

**see 2013 Potato Fries below


It's been awhile since I last went back because they're always full lately.



But when I did go back with my family on September 22, 2013, here's what we had:

Family Brunch P685
Serves 4 + 3 sides: Mashed potato, spinach and buttered corn.

The meat was still as tender as my last visit.
A true test to a meat's tenderness, mumsy can eat it! Ü


 
Buffalo Chicken Wings P255



 Potato Fries P65
Notice the paleness of the fries compared to 2012's?
It tasted like they forgot to place flavor to the breading. :(




Classic Corn Dogs P150


I am not a big fan of corn dogs, I get tired of the cornbread taste easily.
 
 But this one had just the right ratio of cornbread and hotdog!


We had this wrapped up.

Bones for the little rascals at home. 
(Diya spreading the leftover bbq sauce on it)




Though the fries that I really liked did not taste the same anymore,
I think they still have the best value for money on ribs. Ü


Rub Ribs and Bbq
64 Scout Rallos, QC
(02) 5012799
Business Hours:
Monday - Sunday: 11am - 12mn


Note: All photos in this post were taken without the intent of sharing them to the public.
Kindly excuse the shortcomings this post may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment